Thank you for your interest in volunteering for West African Cultural Arts Institute (WACAI).
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in exciting programs that bring authentic culture to the Eugene/Springfield area as well as promote healthy lifestyles to communities in Guinea, West Africa.
Your time and energy can make a tremendous difference in helping us share our mission with diverse communities and there are a number of ways you can get involved!
Your application helps us match your skills and interests with our needs. If we have a position available for you, we will also require a volunteer waiver to ensure the safety of all our participants, staff and volunteers. If you have further questions, please contact WACAI's Volunteer Coordinator by entering information below.
Examples of Volunteer Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting WACAI with event planning and fundraising
- Set up and clean up at events,
- Postering for classes and events
- Tabling at outreach events
- Taking pictures and videos at performances and events
- Kids program development
- Study abroad program development
- Attendance taking and communicating with participants and other volunteers
- Assisting WACAI's Executive Director with office duties such as: data entry, typing, archiving and organizing organization's documents, photos and videos or delivering promotion materials to the necessary locations.